Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Turning into a Unicorn and Regrouping


"Life as a human is becoming too complicated. Time to turn into a unicorn!"

Do you ever wish this were an option?


I'm trying to re-capture the momentum, the creativity and passion from these past posts.

It Take Courage to Grow Up And Become Who You Really Are

Are You Living Your Entire Life Like Groundhog Day? 

I Got Wheels: A Lesson in Manifestation. Are You Listening to the Answer To Your Own Prayers? 

I still feel the same way, but I'm feeling stuck.  I'm not feeling very productive or creative right now.  I have a gazillion ideas, but I'm also feeling like I'm just a bit scattered to make anything happen.  So, when I came across this cute quote the other day and then this pin on the same day, it made me think maybe there was something to what I am feeling.



Maybe I just need to step back, take a look at the big picture, find a little magic and whimsy so that I can re-focus on my path.  I have been working really hard for months now.  And to be honest, I've only been feeling a little blue, stuck, the change in season or whatever it is, for about a week, but I assure you, it seems like an EXTREMELY long time.

I think, however, the answer is NOT to turn into a unicorn, but perhaps I need to unplug.  Take some time off to myself to plan, address my Primary Foods, organize my thoughts, shut off my brain and read, write, and just be.  I may go here to spend the day very soon, which is just a lovely, beautiful place to retreat here in rural Nebraska.  I can also go listen to the monks chant vespers at a nearby seminary.




It's an amazing place for peace and maybe I need a little of that so that I can launch forward.  

What do you do when you need to regroup?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Great post! Unplugging has got to be one of the biggest struggles for me. I feel like I am always online. If I'm not working my day job, I'm working on my blog and other miscellaneous projects! I really, really need to learn how to unplug and take more time to just be. I love your little spot by the water there. And listening to the monks chant? How relaxing!

Here's to both of us learning to let go a little and get away from the computer!! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments! It's so funny that this unicorn theme is coming up for me. I've never been a frilly girl who loved horses or unicorns. But, I have had 2 more instances of unicorns coming up again for me, so I must be on to something in this desire to retreat, refocus and gel! Hope you find a way to do the same. :)