Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Reflection on the Change of Season

Oh, how I love autumn, but this year's changing of season has really brought about some intense emotions.

I have been reminded of the image of a mountain and this one in particular: The Lonely Mountain.  As I'm trying to sift through some things, I do feel a bit lonely as if no one understands.  But, I think we all get that way from time to time.  

I think it's time to drop all of my masks, be completely honest, and most importantly, honest with myself.  I am learning that I need to disregard worry or fear, if I feel it is important enough, just go for it.  I've worked so hard to get where I am that I wonder what I am waiting for.  I think I am trying to wait until I am in complete control, so the lesson here is perhaps, that I am not.  And we never really are, so don't stall out in fear of rejection, hurt, failure or whatever it is.

The mountain is symbolic of an obstacle.  And what are obstacles, but mere illusions created by our minds.  We have to keep going.  The path at the top is always so much clearer and the rest of the travel is more gentle when we believe we are almost there.  And when we believe that struggle and pain are left behind.  

Of course, if you're struggling and just can't get past an obstacle, it's OK to ask for help, for guidance, in prayer or in throwing it out to the universe.  (Whichever you believe, it doesn't matter.  It is all the same if you believe in pure love and light.)  Just keep going.  Or "Just keep swimming." (Thank you, Dory!) Either way, it's a one way road, don't block traffic!



Just know this:


And this:

Have a great week.

No comments: