Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Got Wheels: A Lesson in Manifestation. Are you listening to the answers to your own prayers?

Photo Credit: Stock.Xchng
I cannot seem to wrap my mind around my series posts this week.  I am working through some things that keep coming up in my area of Primary Foods.  So, I feel I should honor that.

I feel as though I haven't always paid attention to subtle messages sent my way in the past.  Messages I have been waiting to hear, prayers I were hoping to get an answer to.  I have come to the conclusion that I have received these in the past (and most people do), but I was not paying attention or brushed them aside.  And it's when I've agreed to live more authentically and build up my spiritual side, that I've seen the most potential and positive growth.



So, I may come across as a little earthy, but I am a rocker at heart.  I love music. Period. Whenever I am wanting to decompress or need something to either accompany or alleviate my mood, I turn to music. I have years of classical voice training and piano lessons, and theater experience, so I might just bust out in show tunes or a song from a previous role or I may belt out something stuck in my head.  During my work day, I'll generally have some music on and while I love all types of music, I really like to rock out.  This is a girl who, front row center up against the gate, got Rob Zombie's spit on her forehead.  YEAH!

It was cool, trust me.

But, now that I'm a mom, I tend to not be as hard core.  I still love all my old favorite rockers, though, and always enjoy the acoustic versions.

I posted this song on my personal Facebook page yesterday.  I often randomly post Foo Fighters or Dave Grohl videos as I love, love, love his music.  And, I always joke about him being my man or my boyfriend, ever since I first saw that cute drummer from Nirvana.  Dave is pretty bad-ass, very talented, has my kind of sense of humor and playfulness.  Anyway, I digress!  

What I did notice is that no matter how many times I have heard this song before, I cannot stop listening to it now.  I keep wanting to listen to it "one more time" and I have learned in the past couple of years to pay attention when something keeps coming up, a theme, a thought or something that is pestering me inside.  I know it seems silly, I mean, it's just a song, right?

But, I think it's more than that.  Recently, I was hit with manifestation coming to life.  I have been thinking about writing about this experience, knowing I need to write it down and capture it so that I can better remember it in the future and remind myself that it happened.  It was a peek at the future and a peek at how that would feel to let go of all of the fears we tend to carry around with us.

Rather than tell you about what manifested itself in my life, I'm going to tell you the answer that I received after a whirlwind of excitement, and then coming back to reality and coming up for air.  Because I am so passionate, reality can be a huge let down.  I just couldn't make sense of how I was feeling.  But yesterday, this message is what came through.  From Dave, my boyfriend.  (Sorry, but I just love saying that.)

These beautiful lyrics spoke to me and said that my plane from my long journey is landing.  The wheels are touching the ground, and there's another whole awesome beginning coming to an end.  If the beginning is coming to the end, then it must mean the new journey is already starting.

It's a call to not live in the past and get bogged down by lower energies like anger and fear. It's a call to embrace the present and envision the future. Which, of course, is scary, but more than that, is hopeful, intriguing and I feel energized.  I just want to run to it.  I'm not staying on this plane circling the landing strip!  Sometimes I wonder if I gave myself a death sentence on accident, because my marriage failed and thought I was relegated to a tougher life because of the decision to divorce.  But, there is joy in life and as an old friend told me, "There is life after divorce."  You just have to be willing to grab it and you don't even have to go chase it.  It is there.

So, I'm at the gate.  I'm getting off the plane today.  Here I am and I'm ready to rock this new journey.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this post!!! Rawk on!!!