Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Oil Essentials: Healing Oils of The Bible


Oil Essentials: Learn more about the healing properties of essential oils, practical everyday uses and how they've been used since biblical times to heal in this series new to The Prairie Healer this month!

I've always been interested in essential oils and, of course, like many of you, my first oil that I was introduced to was Lavender.  I have always felt drawn to its scent and calming properties during stressful times in my life.  It was only until years later that I learned that you are usually attracted to what you need.


I've been reading this book off and on over the past couple of months.  It is very well researched and a very good read.  I've just been saving it for my early mornings that I have set aside specifically for reading this book.
Book - Healing Oils of the Bible by Dr. David Stewart









I intend to finish it, but if you are a believer in the healing power of essential oils, like I am, or interested in learning more, you'll be doubly so after reading how essential oils have been used since biblical times to heal and cure disease.  It is really well-researched and documented in showing instances where different oils were cited throughout the bible and how they were referred to.  I highly recommend it as a place to start.

Next week: A closer look at lavender essential oil and how it helped me when an insect bite spiraled out of control.  Truly one of the most interesting experiences of my life!


No comments: