Thursday, August 9, 2012

Non-Toxic Home: Nordic Naturals Healthy Child Healthy World Back-to-School Promotion

So, I've written about my natural health journey, what we do about that in our kitchen and in my overall philosophy.  But, this also has also carried through in what personal care products and household products we use.

What's one of the first places we secure when we have a child who becomes mobile?  

Under the kitchen sink, right?   

Or at least in many homes I know of, under the kitchen or bathroom sink is where cleaning or other toxic items are stored.  I've always struggled with finding ones that work the way I want them to and don't completely gas me out.  I remember being paranoid when I was pregnant about the fumes on more than one occasion. Kind of scary, especially when you think of how sensitive children must be to the fumes.  Why should they be expected to build up a tolerance to things that can irritate their lungs or affect their behavior or make them ill?

One way I've eliminated toxins from our home is removing most of these of types of products altogether.  Just today I did a mixture of water and vinegar for hand scrubbing my small kitchen linoleum floor.  {Note: When I say "mixture," I mean throwing some white distilled vinegar on the floor and using a very wet rag.}  It looks and smells so fresh in my kitchen.  I'm not giving up anything by using non-toxic products in my home and I only give up fresh, safe air when I do use toxic products.  If I do purchase a cleaning product, I read the label very carefully.  But, I'm very careful to provide a safe environment in my home for my children.



Celebrating its 20th anniversary, Healthy Child Healthy World began in 1992 after five-year-old Colette Chuda died of a rare form of non-hereditary cancer linked to environmental factors. Playing a leadership role in one of the most important public health and environmental movements of the 21st century, Healthy Child Healthy World today ignites the movement that empowers parents to protect children from harmful chemicals.

Healthy Child Healthy World is a great resource for parents to learn more, plus it is a way to have your voice heard. Please check them out at www.healthychild.org.  


So, how can you help?  

From August 1st through October 31st, Nordic Naturals will donate a portion of proceeds from selected Nordic Naturals children’s products to Healthy Child Healthy World during its Back-to-School promotion! 

One dollar of every bottle sold of the following products will be donated to Healthy Child Healthy World:
  • Nordic Berries™ chewy, sweet-and-sour multivitamins provide 100% of the daily value of the most essential nutrients
  • Nordic Omega-3 Gummies™easy-to-chew, omega-3 tangerine treats for ages 2+
  • Children’s DHA™chewable, strawberry-flavored omega-3s support brain and visual function for ages 3+
  • Baby’s DHAomega-3s for babies 5-35 lbs. with a measured dropper for easy addition to formula or food

"Like" them on Facebook or follow on Twitter at @NordicNaturals.

Get your children ready for school and learning this fall with the nutrition they may need and also contribute to a wonderful cause by choosing where to spend your dollars!

It's THAT Simple!



No comments: