Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mid-Week Temperature Check


I can’t do Wordless Wednesday.  I always write too much.  So, instead, I’m writing a Mid-Week Temperature Check.

I’ve got some things on my mind that I’ve vaguely blogged about like Schadenfreude, Am I Tough Enough? and last, but certainly not least, 5 Tension Breakers for Hectic Lives.  

And also, the Holiday Season is upon us and I have been trained to dread it over the years. But, I have to admit, my children simply won’t let me.  Their spirit is infectious and if I just follow their lead, I can’t help but remember that excitement over a magical time of year.  I have been able to slow down and notice it, when otherwise, I might have been too busy to. I am grateful for that.  


Last Saturday, we were Making Holiday Memories driving around during a snow storm in our quaint, rural Nebraska downtown.  It’s fun to point out the things I remember being so cool from when I was still a kid.  And it’s also fun wishing new traditions existed when I was a kid, too.


I need a new Christmas Tree, but I am too stingy to buy a new one until after Christmas this year, so I gave in to my 7 year old son’s requests (for the past 2 years) for a white fiber-optic tree.  If you hear my comments about our “radioactive tree,” it’s because every picture we take by it looks like it to me.  But, this one is not too bad, granted, I ran it through some Instagram filters!


Officially: It’s 32 degrees F and sunny.

No comments: