Monday, January 23, 2012

Holistic Wellness for 2012

I can't thank my friends over at Blue Bottle Coffee House and Blue Yoga enough for existing.

Period.



They are just that cool.  And I say that because they are the closest "real" yoga studio to me, they have taken this charming historical old building and have transformed it into a place of holistic health.




They are here in rural Nebraska, doing and talking about things that seem foreign to the modern day rural community where I am from just 30 miles away.



This past Saturday I attended their Wellness 2012 Expo.  I signed up to squeeze in a yoga class and listen to speakers on how to save money, lose weight, sleep better, get more organized and in general feel better about my life!  Sounds pretty good, eh?

I was so impressed! Not only did I learn that replacing the dryer vent on the outside of my home to a newer updated style would save me money in the short run and long run, I learned it shaves 5 minutes off your dry time, too!  I received spiritual advice from one of the best pastors I'd ever heard speak, learned more about Reiki, pet wellness (and a little psychology), as well as got to listen to a seasoned life coach speak.

I received take-away from every single speaker's 15 minute speech.  It was like Ted Talks for Holistic Health.  All this, while I got to sip on and experiment with loose herbal teas - part of my registration fee, of course!

This was a great way to kick-off 2012 and gave me a lot to think about in terms of setting goals for the upcoming year in addressing all areas of my life and health.

I hope you're also able to take time this first few weeks of the year and do the same for yourself.  Even if you just take a day to go do something you really enjoy, or just get away from the rat race, from the kids, from the noise and remember who you really are.

Before you forget entirely.

Peace.








No comments: